Enterprise Data Governance
Ensure your data is trustworthy, organized, secure and within compliance for optimized business performance.
Secure and Organized Data
Effective data governance ensures that data is consistent and trustworthy so that is doesn't get misused. Data governance is increasingly critical as organizations continuously face new data privacy regulations and rely more and more on data analytics to help optimize operations and drive business decision-making.
Outcomes of Successful Enterprise Data Governance
- Discover all data in the organization
- Classify and label data
- Determine data value
- Map where data is stored
- Ensure data is secure
- Allow access to appropriate users
Metadata management is the administration of data that describes other data. It involves establishing policies and processes that ensure information can be integrated, accessed, shared, linked, analyzed and maintained across the organization. There are many benefits to metadata management.
Metadata Management Benefits
- Consistent definitions so different terminology doesn’t cause retrieval issues
- Greater consistency across multiple instances
- Complete information that’s not dependent on employee knowledge
- Increased efficiency for product and project delivery