The Future of AI Manufacturing – Panel Discussion
The manufacturing industry thrives on disruptive technologies. Modern technologies present opportunities for manufacturers to automate tasks and processes that were once heavily manual. But it’s not just about automating human labor, it’s about augmenting the way humans perform tasks. Artificial intelligence (AI) is widely used in manufacturing, and the technology will continue to transform the manufacturing industry.
Yet, some businesses are still reluctant to adopt AI. In the recent AI Manufacturing Conference, a panel of experts discussed the challenges, future, and execution of AI in manufacturing. VP of IoT, Analytics and AI, Konrad Konarski moderated the panel. You can watch the recording of the panel discussion above or review the recap below.
- Konrad Konarski – V-Soft Digital
- Chris Andraka – Goodman Manufacturing
- Elias Brown – Vallourec Star
- David Crawely – University of Houston
- Justin Kubu – Inland Pipe Rehabilitation
Challenges in Adopting AI in Manufacturing Application
One of the biggest challenges that companies face today is how to effectively integrate AI into their businesses. While the technology is transforming businesses, there are some challenges that companies need to overcome.
- Reliability of AI
- Lack of information and knowledge
- Lack of resources
- Inability to adopt, change and be innovative
- Lack of Quality Data
- Vague idea about executing technology
How to Overcome These Challenges
- Start implementing AI on a small scale. For example, deploy AI in a single process or a machine
- Build AI frameworks with best practices
- Feed AI the required data to support predictive analytics
- Create use cases of AI to prove its efficiency to the business owners
There is a high probability of adopting technology when it is proven successful. Before transforming an entire business, the adoption should start on a small scale. For example, start implementing AI in a single process or machine. Use these cases to prove the efficiency of AI and how it can improve the business.
Benefits of AI
- Decreases downtime
- Reduces time of production
- Improves performance and accuracy
- Relieves human laborers of tedious tasks
The biggest myth about AI is that it replaces human working labor. But they should note that AI can only augment the human workforce and eliminate their errors. This way, it improves performance and accuracy. It also decreases downtime and costs of production.
The Future of AI in Manufacturing In the future, manufacturing factories will be completely automated. More organizations will understand the benefits of AI and integrate it into their processes. AI systems use predictive analysis and collaborate with human intelligence to predict the demand for products. AI’s high potential is also used to detect defects in machines and products before they turn into an irreversible error.