Explore ServiceNow ITOM Capabilities to Improve Efficiency of IT Infrastructure
Deployment of digital solutions and IT infrastructure is happening at a massive scale and because of this, the IT department’s role has become more critical than ever. To manage and scale IT infrastructure and operations with dynamic business needs, the IT department needs to have a clear view of the IT environment. ServiceNow IT Operations Management (ITOM) transforms the IT department into an active business partner by providing better visibility and managing IT operations intelligently and securely.
Understanding ServiceNow ITOM and its Capabilities
Legacy systems make it nearly impossible to manage the complex IT infrastructure of today’s businesses. IT teams don’t have clear visibility into the IT ecosystem and struggle to scale and deliver digital services and resources dynamically. Due to these challenges, there are discrepancies in business-critical services, inflexible infrastructure, increased service outages, high overhead, and compliance issues. ServiceNow ITOM provides IT departments with visibility, transparency, and a broader view of services, by mapping applications and infrastructure to one another. Below we describe the significant features ServiceNow ITOM has to offer.
ServiceNow Discovery provides visibility into multi-cloud environments, on-premises, and serverless infrastructure in easy-to-use dashboards. Using the ServiceNow Discovery dashboard, admins can monitor any changes to Configuration Items. Discovery uses advanced machine learning capabilities to effortlessly identify custom applications deployed in the network.
Key Benefits of ServiceNow Discovery
- Manage multiple cloud environments easily with end-to-end visibility of services.
- Manage software installations using MID Server. Each MID Server can manage thousands of devices.
- Access to licensed application solutions in the ServiceNow store, which permits admins to provide privilege access and update policies with ease.
- Access and update Configuration Items data in real-time, creating a better environment for change management.
2. Service Mapping
The Service Mapping tool is used to map applications and associated systems and create an index of services. IT teams can improve service delivery by effortlessly tracking changes in the infrastructure. By creating dependencies among devices and services, service mapping facilitates IT teams to locate malfunctioning or failed devices. Service mapping monitors the health of critical services.
Key Benefits of ServiceNow Service Mapping
- Visibility and traceability in the change management process.
- Locate and analyze the impact of service outages decreases Mean-Time-To-Repair (MTTR).
- Requires less effort and is more accurate than other service mapping tools.
- Intelligently maps the latest service topology information automatically, providing a detailed rundown of IT assets and services in a single dashboard.
3. Event Management
The ServiceNow Event Management feature integrates with IT infrastructure monitoring tools, obtains events raised by these tools, presents data in a consolidated dashboard, and raises alerts to suggest solutions. The Event Management dashboard offers a detailed view of IT infrastructure health. To proactively detect issues, The Event Management feature uses operational intelligence.
Key Benefits of ServiceNow Event Management
- IT teams can proactively detect issues or anomalies in the Event Management dashboard and handle risks in real-time.
- Avoid service outages and guarantee improved service accessibility by proactively handling risks.
As stated by ServiceNow, “Orchestration automates IT and business processes for operations management. It includes Password Reset, Client Software Distribution, and activity packs. Reduce tasks, improve productivity, and automate and accelerate processes.”
Key Benefits of ServiceNow Orchestration
- IT teams can build reusable actions without coding efforts and avoid repetitive tasks.
- Effectively track and measure ROI of orchestration efforts.
- Build workflows with various activity combinations on Linux, Unix, Windows, and other cloud services.
- ServiceNow Orchestration uses other platform capabilities to deliver agility, operational efficiency, and strategic value.
5. Cloud Management
There has been a dramatic rise in demand for on-demand cloud services and resources to drive innovation for total digital transformation. Businesses are deploying multiple cloud environments to deliver superior business services. This trend is challenging IT teams to be dynamic and agile while ensuring cost optimization. To ensure better cloud management, ServiceNow ITOM creates greater visibility and control over cloud services and resources. ServiceNow ITOM scales cloud services and capabilities as needed. IT teams can have better insight and control into overall cloud operations and manage multi-cloud deployments.
Key Benefits of ServiceNow Cloud Management
- Optimize cloud expenditure so users only pay for what they use.
- Manage cloud and on-premises systems and deliver services efficiently using a unified cloud model.
- Identify real-time business needs proactively and scale cloud services to ensure uninterrupted service.
- Efficient and intuitive user experience with a self-service portal to manage cloud services.